The New York State Conservation Partnership Program (NYSCPP) is an innovative public-private partnership between the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and the Alliance’s New York Program. This program offers competitive matching grants to qualified New York land trusts to advance land conservation, economic development, farmland protection, community conservation and recreation and tourism.
From its first grants cycle in 2003 through 2016, the Conservation Partnership Program has awarded 719 grants totaling over $13.1 million to 85 land trusts in New York. This funding, provided by New York State’s Environmental Protection Fund, has leveraged more than $15 million in local matching funds and has helped land trusts conserve more than 24,500 acres of farmland, wildlife habitat, recreational areas and urban open spaces.
Grant funding through the Conservation Partnership Program is available to qualified land conservation organizations in New York State (not individuals).
Now Accepting Applications for 2017
The Land Trust Alliance, with support from Governor Andrew Cuomo, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and the New York State Legislature, is pleased to announce a 14th round of competitive land trust grants through the New York State Conservation Partnership Program — this pioneering public-private partnership is funded through the state Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) and administered by the Alliance, in coordination with the DEC.
In total, $1.8 million in EPF funding will be awarded through the Conservation Partnership Program in the spring of 2017.
Grant awards are contingent upon the receipts of state funds.
Final applications must be submitted by Friday, December 9, 2016 by 5:00pm Eastern.
Start Your Application
Click here to start your application
- Request for applications (includes eligibility requirements, category descriptions and important dates))
- Evaluation criteria (primary and secondary criteria used by the grants committee when reviewing applications; please use for reference when developing your proposal)
- Examples of eligible projects (use this file along with summaries of past grant awards to generate project ideas)
- Budget template (capacity and excellence, catalyst, transaction grants) — coming soon!
- Budget template (professional development grants) — coming soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
For reference while working on your application
NYSCPP Reference Library
NYSCPP Grants System Portal
Log in to the system. If you have forgotten your password or need help using the system, please contact Katrina Howey, grants management specialist at 518-587-0774 or email email@example.com.