Leadership in Land Conservation
The Land Trust Alliance is a national conservation organization that works in three ways to save the places people love. First, we increase the pace of conservation, so more land and natural resources get protected. Second, we enhance the quality of conservation, so the most important lands get protected using the best practices in the business. And third, we ensure the permanence of conservation by creating the laws and resources needed to defend protected land over time. The Alliance is based in Washington, D.C., and has several regional offices.
To save the places people love by strengthening land conservation across America.
To fulfill our mission, the Land Trust Alliance has worked for more than 25 years with the national conservation community - comprised of 1.5 million dedicated land conservation professionals, volunteers and supporters - to quickly, effectively and permanently save our most valued natural resource across America.
- Dramatically expand the pace of land conservation (through tax incentives)
- Build strong land trusts
- Defend the permanence of conservation easements
- Ensure that the work of land trusts is as strategically directed as possible
- Pioneered the use of conservation easements to conserve private land
- Development of Land Trust Standards and Practices, the guidelines for ethical performance by land trusts