Advanced Legal Issues Symposia Series
Attorneys ♦ Appraisers ♦ Accountants ♦
Experienced Land Trust Professionals ♦ Law School Faculty
Looking to Stay Informed on Conservation Law?
Interested in Crafting Practical Legal Solutions?
Join Us For The
Fifth Symposium on Advanced Legal Topics in Land Conservation
June 11-12, 2015 | Crowne Plaza Hotel | Indianapolis, IN
If you work with land trusts on advanced legal issues, this is a program you cannot afford to miss. This Symposium will deliver information that is impossible to find at any other single program. You will receive updates from leading practitioners and conservation professionals who are uniquely qualified to weigh in on timely topics in conservation law. You will leave with practical tips you can put to use immediately upon your return to the office.
Outside experts will guide us through conservation implications of eastern water law and incorporating the value of ecosystem services in legal decision-making. Gain clarity on the application of impermissible private benefit and private inurement to actual conservation situations. And more! You asked for two days of lunch table topics with expert anchors so the Program Committee arranged the schedule to make that possible too!
Join us for two intensive days where we will:
- Explore how the San Juan Preservation Trust speedily won in major litigation
- Dig into the nuances and implications of three critical conservation cases
- Explore with two veteran attorneys how to help people preserve the conservation purposes of conservation easements when presented with questions of interpretation and when land trusts seek to make comprehensive updates and improvements to their conservation easements
- Finally understand how to deal with impermissible private benefit and private inurement in a variety of situations for the conservation nonprofit – organizational and transactional
- Find out what ecosystem services valuation means for conservation litigation
- Understand the evolution of eastern water law and what it means for conservation
- Unravel the conundrums around farmland conservation
Up to 11 CLE credits available. Registration will open in April 2015.
Registration will open in April 2015.
$495 - Alliance Member Land Trusts (before May 20th)
$595 - Partners and Others (before May 20th)
$545 - Alliance Member Land Trusts (after May 20th)
$645 - Partners and Others (after May 20th)
$325 - Full Time Students
CANCELLATION POLICY & INCLEMENT WEATHER
The Land Trust Alliance must receive a written request for refund before close of business on Wednesday, May 20th. Non-refunded payment for the Advanced Legal Topics in Land Conservation training will not be credited toward any other service or contribution to the Alliance. There will be a $35 administrative fee for all changes and cancellations resulting after your initial registration. In the event you are unable to attend because of inclement weather, no refunds will be given.
Thank you to our Reception Sponsors
Indiana Land Protection Alliance
We are pleased to offer a discounted rate of $149/night (plus tax) for a single/double room at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. All reservations must be made by May 20th in order to receive the discounted rate. Complimentary wireless internet is included. You may reserve your room online or call 317-631-2221 and use reference code ALT.
- Course content: Please email Leslie Ratley-Beach, email@example.com or call 802-262-6051.
- Registration: Please email Scott Still, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-986-4005.
Thank you to our Program Committee
The Conservation Law Center
Kaplan Kirsch & Rockwell LLP
The Nature Conservancy
Land Trust Alliance