The Results Are In: 2014 Southeast Regional Survey
With 65 land trusts in the Southeast responding to the Southeast Regional Survey, we can report another 1,059,219 total acres were conserved by land trusts across the region since 2010. For more interesting facts, see the full report »
Register now: 2015 Southeast Regional Land and Community Conservation Conference
May 13-15 | Kanuga Conference Center | Hendersonville, NC
More information >>
We gratefully appreciate recent contributions to the Southeast program from individuals and land trusts supporting our work. Read more »
Read the latest on Southeast land trusts innovative conservation projects, success stories, fundraising tips and tools, emerging issues and upcoming training opportunities in our monthly eNews. View the archive »
Conversations with Conservation Leaders: A Conference Call Phone Series
Developed for land trusts in the Southeast region, “Conversations with Conservation Leaders” is a conference call series in which seasoned conservation experts share their experiences, lessons learned and best practices with next-generation leaders and newcomers to the field. Learn more »
Upcoming Training and Webinars
For the latest in trainings, check out the Southeast calendar of events »
Partnership for Gulf Coast Land Conservation
The Partnership for Gulf Coast Land Conservation is a new coalition of local, regional, state and national land trusts and land conservation organizations devoted to improving land and water conservation on private lands in the Gulf of Mexico coastal region. This initiative is organized under the auspices of the Land Trust Alliance and is patterned after the many successful land protection collaborations operating in other regions of the United States.
In Review: Southeast Regional Land Conservation Conference
Missed a Southeast Land Conservation Conference? Contact us for information on past seminar presentations, workshop leaders and handouts.
- 2014: Chattanooga, Tennessee | Point Clear, Alabama
- 2012: St. Simons, Georgia
- 2011: Chattanooga, Tennessee
- 2010: Greenville, South Carolina
- 2009: Auburn, Alabama
- 2008: Montreat, North Carolina
- eNews: our monthly news report on innovative conservation in the region, board member support, success stories, state wide meetings, upcoming trainings and other items of interest to our members. Email us to sign up today. Please include in the subject line: SUBSCRIBE.
- Southeast Regional Conference: we produce an annual gathering of land conservation professionals in the Southeast, engaging in workshops, seminars, Board Member Summits, local field trips and general information sharing.
- Cost-Share Grants Program: we provide grants for strategic conservation collaboration and planning projects, and accreditation preparation grants for land trusts working towards accreditation.
- Guided Organizational Assessment Program: we help land trusts identify areas for improvement and develop work plans for the accreditation application process.
- Trainings: we provide technical assistance via The Learning Center to land trusts addressing critical transitions and organizational development; and workshops and webinars on board development, accreditation preparation and emerging issues in conservation.
- Tools & Resources: we offer case studies, reports, conservation guides and resources for water, forest, farmland and natural areas protection.
- 2010 Southeast Land Trust Census