Coalition of Ohio Land Trusts
STATEWIDE LAND TRUSTS MEETING
Come join us on Thursday, November 19, 2009 from 10:00am - 3:30pm at the Stratford Ecological Center in Delaware, OH for the Coalition of Ohio Land Trusts' Fall Statewide Meeting.
Registration has closed, we will be accepting
walk-in registrations on site
Please contact Matt Castelhano at 202-638-4725 X345 or emailwith any registration questions.
Land Trust Accreditation: Lessons from the Trenches
Erin Heskett, Land Trust Alliance
Krista Magaw, Tecumseh Land Trust – an Accredited land trust
News from around the State
Open discussion and roundtable updates from land trusts
Bring news of your latest exciting project, or raise issues and questions to address in an open dialogue format for feedback.
Climate Change and the Carbon Market: What it Means for Land Trusts
Bill Stanley, Agnes S. Andreae Director of Conservation
The Nature Conservancy, Ohio Chapter
Policy and Program Updates
• New Directions for Coalition of Ohio Land Trusts
• Property Tax Reform Legislation (formally H.B. 402)
• Conservation Easement Incentive Act – H.R. 1831
• Conservation Defense Insurance Program
• Rally 2009 Highlights
To download the agenda and a map click here>>
Bill Stanley has provided us with the following documents to share prior to the meeting for his Climate Change and the Carbon Market: What it Means for Land Trusts session:
- Adapting to Climate Change – an overview of ecosystem-based adaption, sometimes called Green Infrastructure
- Forests: A Powerful Tool Against Climate Change – describes opportunities for nature to be part of the solution for reducing the build-up of greenhouse gases
- Natural Security: Nature Protecting People from Climate Change Threats – describes a suite of adaptation solutions to address climate change challenges
Hard copies of these materials will be provided at the meeting.
For more information about climate change, please visit http://conserveonline.org/workspaces/climateadaptation/documents/climate-change-project-level-guidance.
About The Coalition of Ohio Land Trusts (COLT)
COLT is a network of land trusts and other conservation organizations dedicated to advancing land conservation for public benefit in Ohio. COLT provides a forum for professional and technical support to the conservation organizations that work to conserve land. Those participating in COLT have diverse but complimentary purposes, ranging from the protection of watersheds, to the preservation of prime farmland, to the restoration of natural areas.
The Coalition of Ohio Land Trusts is convened by the Land Trust Alliance Midwest Program. For more information, call 269-324-1683 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.