Submitting a Proposal
Following these instructions will save both you and the Alliance staff precious time! Please understand that competition for available slots is strong, and we can only accommodate the most pertinent sessions. In 2012, we were only able to accept less than half of the proposals submitted.
1. All proposals are due by close of business on Monday, February 25.
2. Preferred method of submission is electronically. Please use the online form that can be found here.
3. For inclusion in the review process, your proposal MUST include the following information:
- Clear, concise description of the proposed session for use in marketing materials and conference program. Please be sure to accurately describe what you plan to present.
- Three learning objectives that list, in complete sentences using action verbs, the skills or knowledge that participants will take away from the session. They should clearly describe what participants will be able to do after attending the session and should NOT simply repeat the information in the session description.
Example: Effective Fundraising for Sustainable Land Trusts
By the end of the session, participants should be able to:
1. Explain the link between a clear and focused mission statement and the ability to raise money.
2. Describe the differences between membership strategies, annual giving strategies and major donor strategies and be able to integrate each into an overall development strategy.
3. Draft annual budgets.
Note: Please complete your proposal using only numerical or alphabetical lists (no bullet points or dashes) where applicable.
Please contact Pam Nicholls, Training and Conferences Manager at 970-245-5811 | firstname.lastname@example.org.