Designing Your Session Proposal
- Speak to a specific audience with the skill level you select. (Either basic, intermediate or advanced skill level.) The experience and skills of Rally participants vary tremendously from new volunteer board members to land trust staff members with years of experience.
- Determine the format of your session. Lecture, roundtable discussion or panel? The Alliance strongly encourages interactive formats.
- Indicate which of Land Trust Standards and Practices your session will cover, if applicable. See www.lta.org/standardsandpractices for more information on the practices.
- Determine if your topic is covered by the Standards and Practices Curriculum. The Alliance strongly encourages you to use these resources wherever possible.
- Select your co-presenter(s), if applicable.
- Provide an accurate description and engaging title.
- Three learning objectives that list the skills or knowledge that participants will take away from the session. They should clearly describe what participants will be able to do after attending the session and should NOT simply repeat the information in the session description.
Title: Savvy Risk Taking and Prevention
By the end of the session, participants should be able to: