Designing Your Session Proposal
- Target a specific audience. The experience and skills of Rally participants vary tremendously from new volunteer board members to land trust staff members with years of experience.
- Develop specific learning objectives for the session. What will participants be able to do after attending the session? Learning objectives should be specific, measurable and achievable.
- Determine the format of your session. Lecture, roundtable discussion or panel? The Alliance strongly encourages interactive formats.
- Indicate which of Land Trust Standards and Practices your session will cover, if applicable. The link has a complete list and sample documents related to the practices.
- Determine if your topic is covered by the Standards and Practices Curriculum. The Alliance strongly encourages you to use these resources wherever possible.