Training to Advance Conservation
Be sure your conservation work stands the test of time by taking advantage of our educational tools for your land trust staff, board and volunteers.
Webinars, Workshops and Conferences:
- Rally: The National Land Conservation Conference - This annual conference offers a dynamic opportunity to meet with your colleagues in conservation, advance your skills and work to solve some of your greatest challenges.
- Webinars - participate in a 90-minute online webinar
- Workshops - attend in-person, one-day training hosted either by the Land Trust Alliance or other groups
- Regional Conferences - meet your fellow conservation leaders to learn new ideas and discuss the latest conservation community news
- Symposiums - advanced practicum for professionals affiliated with land conservation work
- Assessing Your Organization - highlight your strengths and weaknesses to more effectively target your land trust's efforts
- Express Learning Kits - train your team effectively with a new training option that conveniently brings you the expertise of national leaders direct to your land trust office
- Standards and Practices Curriculum - learn how to implement Land Trust Standards and Practices, the guidelines for the responsible operation of a land trust
- The Learning Center - take an online course, join a discussion forum, ask an expert a question or search the digital library
- Accreditation - evaluate your land trust's performance against Land Trust Standards and Practices to demonstrate your commitment to excellence
As part of our commitment to help land trusts grow stronger, the Land Trust Alliance provides people doing conservation work with opportunities to advance their success through unique learning and networking programs in communities all across the country.
With tools from the Alliance, I completely understand the 'audacity of perpetuity' and I know what steps the Connemara Conservancy Foundation needs to take in order to fulfill our promise to Texas landowners. I wish other areas of the non-profit industry had something as meaningful, appropriate and thorough as the training programs provided by the Land Trust Alliance."
— Sandra Greenway, Executive Director, Connemara Conservancy Foundation