Advanced Legal Training
Attorneys ♦ Appraisers ♦ Accountants ♦
Experienced Land Trust Professionals ♦ Law School Faculty
Looking to Stay Informed on Conservation Law?
Interested in Crafting Practical Legal Solutions?
Join Us For The
Fifth Symposium on Advanced Legal Topics in Land Conservation
June 11-12, 2015 | Crowne Plaza Hotel | Indianapolis, IN
If you work with land trusts on advanced legal issues, this is a program you cannot afford to miss. This Symposium will deliver information that is impossible to find at any other single program. You will receive updates from leading practitioners and conservation professionals who are uniquely qualified to weigh in on timely topics in conservation law. You will leave with practical tips you can put to use immediately upon your return to the office.
Outside experts will guide us through conservation implications of eastern water law and incorporating the value of ecosystem services in legal decision-making. Gain clarity on the application of impermissible private benefit and private inurement to actual conservation situations. And more! You asked for two days of lunch table topics with expert anchors so the Program Committee arranged the schedule to make that possible too! Expert faculty will address conundrums in farmland conservation and deliver practice pointers to inform drafting and stewardship.
Join us for two days of advanced legal training where we will:
- Explore how the San Juan Preservation Trust speedily won in stewardship litigation
- Dig into the string of precedent-setting cases on fee land property tax exemption
- Explore how to preserve intention and address reality despite dated, vague, ambiguous, conflicting, inconsistent or missing language in conservation easements
- Finally understand how to deal with impermissible private benefit and private inurement in a variety of situations for the conservation non-profit – organizational and transactional
- Find out what ecosystem services valuation means for conservation litigation
- Understand the evolution of eastern water law and what it means for conservation
- Unravel the conundrums around farmland conservation
Up to 11 CLE credits available. Registration will open in April 2015.
- Course content: Please email Leslie Ratley-Beach, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-262-6051.
Thank you to our Program Committee
The Conservation Law Center
Kaplan Kirsch & Rockwell LLP
The Nature Conservancy
Land Trust Alliance