Advanced Legal Training
Attorneys ♦ Appraisers ♦ Accountants ♦
Experienced Land Trust Professionals ♦ Law School Faculty
Looking to Stay Informed on Conservation Law?
Interested in Crafting Practical Legal Solutions?
Join Us For The
Fourth Symposium on Advanced Legal Topics in Land Conservation
February 5-6, 2014 | Reno, Nevada
If you work with land trusts on advanced legal issues, this is a program you cannot afford to miss. This Symposium will deliver information that is impossible to find at any other single program. You will receive updates from leading professors, private practitioners, and conservation professionals who are uniquely qualified to weigh in on timely topics in conservation law. You will leave with practical tips you can put to use immediately upon your return to the office.
Gather with your colleagues to take advantage of this rare opportunity to discuss and contribute insight on these complex legal issues:
- Dissect a breach of contract conservation case to develop cogent pretrial strategies.
- Analyze four leading conservation and tax cases for practice implications and new trends.
- Drill down into nuances and negotiation of surface use agreements for oil and gas extraction.
- Leave your dogma at the door for an intensive six-hour practical examination of land trusts risk assessment, conservation easement modification alternatives, costs and opportunities to advance conservation.
Up to 11 CLE credits available
Download the Agenda >> (PDF)
Registration will open November 1.
(Includes Symposium, continental breakfast and lunch on Wednesday and Thursday, receptions on Tuesday and Wednesday evening, and continuing legal education credits.)
Staff and Board of Alliance Member Land Trusts - $475
All others - $575
Students - $325
Price increases by $50 after January 10th, 2014.
Stay tuned for details on how to book these discounted rooms online.
We are pleased to offer a discounted rate of $129/night (plus tax) for a Tuscany Suite at the Peppermill Resort Spa Casino at 2707 South Virginia Street in Reno, NV. All reservations must be made by January 14th in order to receive the discounted rate. Smaller rooms in the Peppermill Tower are available on a space-available basis for $99 (plus tax).
- Registration: Please contact Scott Still at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-245-5811
- Course content: Please email Leslie Ratley-Beach, email@example.com or call 802-262-6051.
Thank you to our Program Committee
Resources Law Group
Kaplan Kirsch & Rockwell LLP
The Nature Conservancy
Land Trust Alliance
Tahoe Meadows photo courtesy of Nevada Land Trust, Mariusz Blach/photographer.