The 17 courses in the Standards curriculum are a great way to train new board members, volunteers, or staff — or grow the skills of your experienced personnel. The more you know, the more efficiently your team will get things done! The courses are:
- Authoritative: Developed by experts, then rigorously reviewed to make sure that they’re accurate and up-to-date.
- Accessible: Written in clear English, with key points highlighted and examples to show how principles work in practice.
- Practical: Designed for people who want to know how to do high-quality land conservation.
- User-friendly: Available at your own pace, in the format that works best for you — online, on paper, or in-person.
- Free: If you’re with an Alliance member land trust or you’re a member at the $250 level or higher, you can take the online courses or download PDFs of the coursebooks for free! Alliance members also get discounts if you want to order coursebooks or join an Alliance conference.
How do you like to learn?
It’s up to you. Here are your options:
Online: The advantages of the online approach are: 1) It’s free! 2) It comes with online discussion groups so you can talk through the issues with colleagues and experts. You can access the self-guided online courses or download coursebooks in the Learning Center.
On-paper: Sometimes, it feels good to have a book in your hands. It that’s your style, you can order hard copies from our bookstore .
In-person: Workshops and seminars based on the Standards Curriculum are regular features at land conservation conferences. Check out upcoming opportunities. Or sponsor your own training event. For more options, contact the Alliance at 202-638-4725.
What’s your favorite subject?
It’s like being back in school, picking your major and your courses. Here are the four main categories and 18 courses for you to choose from: