One of the most effective ways we increase the pace of land conservation, is through tax incentives that help landowners afford to choose conservation over development. Land trusts have been enormously successful in using these incentives to protect special places across America.
In 2006, Congress created a powerful new incentive for easement donations and it was recently extended through the end of 2013. We need your help to make that incentive permanent -- and create new ones! We’re also committed to helping land trusts and landowners make the most of these incentives while minimizing the threat of audits.
Tax Advocates Updates
- March 4, 2014: What's One Thing the President & House Republicans Have in Common?
- February 27, 2014: Tax Reform Draft Includes Conservation Tax Incentive
- December 10, 2013: New Tools for Final Push; NY Times Op-Ed Response
- November 27, 2013: Three Things to be Thankful For
- November 8, 2013: Will the Conservation Tax Incentive Be Renewed?
- October 30, 2013: What is the Budget Conference & Why Should I Care?
- August 1, 2013: Easement Incentive Bill Introduced