Easement Incentive Cosponsors in the 113th Congress
As the new 113th Congress gets underway, co-sponsoring easement incentive bills is once again a timely ask for every Senator and Representative. Please:
- Check the list of past supporters to thank when seeking co-sponsors
- Use our talking points, fact sheets and letters of support to seek co-sponsors in the new Congress.
You may find it helpful to share our (or print our co-sponsor map).
- Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-PA/6th)*
- Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA/1st)*
- Reps Gerlach and Thompson are currently seeking original co-sponsors to be listed when the bill is introduced. None have yet been announced.
* Members of the Ways & Means Committee
- Senator Max Baucus (D-MT)*
- Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT)*
S (11 total, by state):
- Senator Susan Collins (R-ME)
- Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD)
- Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)*
- Senator Jon Tester (D-MT)
- Senator Dean Heller (R-NV)
- Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)
- Senator Tom Udall (D-NM)
- Senator Martin Heinrich (D-NM)
- Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
* Members of the Finance Committee
If your legislator isn't listed we need your help asking them to sign on! Please click here for fact sheets, templates and advice.
If your legislator is listed, we need your help saying thank you! Click here for a dozen ways to say thank you.
The members of leadership and the tax writing committees have a lot of influence over conservation tax incentives. For the most current information please visit these websites.
Members of key tax-writing committees:
Don't see your member of Congress? That's okay! Please still contact them anyway and ask them to support the legislation and become a cosponsor of the bill. If they do not know about your land trust or about land conservation, let them know!
Please send us copies of what you send and what you hear back! We want to hear what you are trying to protect in your community.
To share your stories or for more information, please contact Sean Robertson at 202-800-2229, or e-mail email@example.com.