One of the most effective ways we increase the pace of land conservation, is through tax incentives that help landowners afford to choose conservation over development. Land trusts have been enormously successful in using these incentives to protect special places across America.
In 2006, Congress created a powerful new incentive for easement donations, which expired at the end of 2013. On April 3, the Senate Finance committee voted to extend the incentive for 2014 and 2015. The committee action may soon be followed by a vote on the Senate floor, but enactment will require action by the House of Representatives. We need your help to enact that legislation »
Tax Advocates Updates
- July 17: House Debating Conservation Tax Incentive Now
- July 2: House Vote on the Conservation Tax Incentive Coming
- June 9: Conservation Tax Incentive Voted Out of Committee - Thank You!
- April 4, 2014: Senate Finance Committee Approves Extension of the Tax Incentive
- March 4, 2014: What's One Thing the President & House Republicans Have in Common?
- February 27, 2014: Tax Reform Draft Includes Conservation Tax Incentive
- December 10, 2013: New Tools for Final Push; NY Times Op-Ed Response
- November 27, 2013: Three Things to be Thankful For
- November 8, 2013: Will the Conservation Tax Incentive Be Renewed?
- October 30, 2013: What is the Budget Conference & Why Should I Care?
- August 1, 2013: Easement Incentive Bill Introduced