Letters of Support for the Conservation Tax Incentive
Letters Seeking Co-sponsors for Easement Incentive Legislation in the 113th Congress
- House and Senate coalition letters signed by 65 conservation, agriculture and sporting organizations
- Letter from 10 national and regional organizations supporting forest conservation to Senate Finance Committee Chairman
- Letter from 30 Sportsmen's Organizations Urging the Sportsmen's Caucus to Co-sponsor
- Letter from the National Assembly of Sportsmen's Caucus to members of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus urging support of H.R. 2807
- Letter from the Forest Industry, Forest Landowners and Related Organizations
- 2014 Dear Colleague letter seeking House co-sponsors
- 2013 Dear Colleague letter seeking House co-sponsors
- Senate Finance Committee Press Release on the introduction of S. 526
While we organize coalition efforts in the 113th Congress, you may find it helpful to reference issue-specific letters from previous years, with the caveat that bill numbers have changed.
- In late 2012, eleven national organizations signed a fresh cover letter to the full coalition letter urging the incentive's renewal
Letters Seeking Co-sponsors for Easement Incentive Legislation in the 112th Congress
- House and Senate coalition letters from 64 conservation, agriculture and sporting organizations
- Ducks Unlimited Letter Seeking Easement Incentive Co-sponsors
- Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership Letter Seeking Easement Incentive Co-sponsors
- National Association of Counties Resolution Supporting the Easement Incentive
- The Nature Conservancy Fact Sheet on the Enhanced Easement Incentive
- California Agriculture and Conservation Coalition Letter Supporting H.R. 1831
- Colorado Coalition of Land Trusts Letter Thanking H.R. 1831 Co-sponsors
- New York State Land Trust Advisory Council Letter urging the New York delegation to co-sponsor H.R. 1831
Letters Urging Renewal of the Enhanced Easement Incentive in the 2010 Lame Duck Session
- Coalition letter from 68 conservation, agriculture and sporting organizations
- Letter from The Nature Conservancy
Letters from National Organizations Seeking Co-sponsors for Easement Incentive Bills (111th Congress)
- Letter From the National Cattlemen's Beef Association supporting the Conservation Easement Incentive Act
- Letter from the American Farm Bureau Federation supporting H.R. 1831/S. 812.
- Letter from 39 Hunting and Fishing Organizations urging Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus members to co-sponsor H.R. 1831 and S. 812.
- Major Environmental Organizations Seek Co-sponsors for H.R. 1831
- Western Governors Association Letter of Support for H.R. 1831
- Letter to the Historic Preservation Caucus on H.R. 1831 from 8 Historic Preservation Organizations
- Letter from 42 Horse Organizations to the Congressional Horse Caucus supporting the Conservation Easement Incentive Act
- American Farmland Trust Letter Supporting H.R. 1831
- Ducks Unlimited Letter Seeking H.R. 1831 Co-sponsors
- Coalition letter from 57 conservation, agricultural and sporting organizations urging Members of Congress to cosponsor easement incentive legislation
- You can also share our General Fact Sheet, which includes a coalition list
Letters from Members of Congress
- Dear Colleague letter from Reps. Thompson (D-CA) and Cantor (R-VA) urging Representatives to cosponsor the Conservation Easement Incentive Act
- Dear Colleague letter from Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus Co-chairs seeking co-sponsors of H.R. 1831
- Letter from 67 Representatives Urging House Leadership to Make the Easement Incentive Permanent in 2009!
Policy Platforms that Seek A Permanent Easement Incentive
- Wildlife in the 21st Century -- From American Wildlife Conservation Partners, a coalition of 43 hunting groups. Incentive on page 10.
- TRCP 2009 Policy Recommendations -- the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership endorses the incentive on page 16.
Action Alerts on the Easement Incentive
Letters of Support for Renewing the Easement Incentive in the 2008 Farm Bill:
- Letter to the House Agriculture Committee from 65 Members of the House
- Letter from the New York City Council to Ways & Means Committee Chairman Charles Rangel (D-NY)
- Letter from Virginia’s Secretary of Natural Resources, L. Preston Bryant, Jr. to Agriculture Committee Ranking Member Bob Goodlatte (R-VA)