Become a Supporting Organization
To achieve the Goals identified by the Coalition, we will need the support of many agencies, institutions, organizations, and individuals. Recreation groups, land trusts, commercial fishing groups, tourism and economic development councils, municipalities, sporting groups, small businesses and large corporations are examples of the many diverse partners that can work together to achieve the Goals described in this Framework.
Write a Letter
To show support for the importance of coastal land conservation, organizations can become a Supporting Organization by writing a letter that is signed by the appropriate individual(s) within the organization and is printed on their letterhead. This letter should:
- Include this phrase “ABC Organization supports the Goals of the Maine Coast Protection Initiative”
- Describe their organization’s perspective on the importance of coastal land conservation in Maine and the relevance of MCPI
- Describe, if appropriate, how their organization intends to be involved in the implementation of the Framework
Letters can be sent to:
What it means to be a Supporting Organization
As a Supporting Organization of the Maine Coast Protection Initiative, you or your organization will have opportunities to help lead strategic coastal land conservation across Maine. Supporting Organizations can:
- Be a part of a coastal conservation community with a clear vision and common priorities;
- Use your unique organizational skills, knowledge and/or resources to achieve shared goals;
- Include your priorities in a coordinated effort to advance coastal conservation;
- Develop relationships with other Supporting Organizations with shared interests and goals;
- Become eligible for project grants, MCPI staff assistance, and other resources.