Fellow farmers and ranchers speak about why they chose to place an easement on their property.
- Hear Terry Jones talk about “connecting the dots” of conservation and why land needs to be protected with easements or else it’s pretty certain it will be built on and lost forever. (mp3, 3:59 minutes, 3.66MB, 3,841KB) Broadcast on The Farm Station – All Ag, All Day segment on KFLP Radio in Floydada, Texas, October 2007. Reported by Tony St. James.
- Hear from Darrell Wood about the value of the new tax incentive. Mr. Wood is the owner of Darrell Wood Ranches – located in both Vina and Susanville, California. Mr. Wood is also Chairman of the Board of the California Rangeland Trust. (mp3, 1 minute, 850KB).
- Hear about how the 497-acre historic Gibson Ranch in Texas used a conservation easement to protect its waters, pastures and wildlife habitat forever. (mp3, 2:38 minutes, 1,546KB) Hill Country Conservancy website, 2007.
- Hear Lynne Sherrod, Rancher (and Land Trust Alliance Western Policy Manager), speak about conservation opportunities for Farmers and Ranchers through the use of new tax incentives. (mp3, 3:59 minutes, 1.83MB, 1,921KB) Broadcast in the Agriculture Today segment on KFLP Radio in Floydada, Texas, June 2007. Reported by Tony St. James.
Listen to stories featured on the National Association of Farm Broadcasters Radio Network:
- John Peterson speaks about the threat knocking on his door as the agricultural area is under pressure for development, and how a conservation easement and the enhanced tax incentive have helped him “do his part” to ensure his farm will stay in production. (mp3, 3:37 minutes, 3MB)
- Bill Darling talks about how the enhanced tax incentive helped him keep his farm in his family, and his son’s poultry operation going strong. (mp3, 3:33 minutes, 3MB)
- Dennis Moroney discusses how the changing population in his area is changing the agricultural values. He is worried about who will do the farming and ranching in the future. Moroney placed a conservation easement on his ranch to keep the land into agricultural production, so the next generations can still afford to ranch. (mp3, 4:24 minutes, 4MB)
- Lynne Sherrod discusses the subject of donating conservation easements and the enhanced tax incentives. (mp3, 2:28 minutes, 2.25MB)
- Richard Berg talks about why he chose to place a conservation easement on his ranch in Montana. (mp3, 3:24 minutes, 3.1MB)