Launch Climate Action Projects in Your Community
One of the best ways to inspire personal action and the commitment to change is to simply give people something to do.
Different projects will appeal to different sectors of your community. Consider your audience when launching a new project:
- Conservation projects with tangible results motivate first-time participants and/or children, who are able to see how their efforts have directly improved their homes, communities or local environments.
- More experienced or committed participants, including older children and teens, will also be inspired by projects with less tangible results. For example, these participants may be eager to advocate for a local policy change that would reduce carbon emissions in their community.
- Consider allowing your most experienced and committed participants to create and lead their own community climate action projects.
Try one of these climate action projects in your community:
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Advocate for climate-change-informed local land-use planning:
Or, create your own climate action project. The following resources will help: