Identifying Conservation Priorities for Sea Level Rise Adaptation in Coastal Maryland
Maryland incorporated climate change impacts, specifically sea level rise, into its conservation priorities. Learn about the state’s initial considerations as it worked through this process and the geospatial best practices it incorporated to identify wetland conservation priorities for climate adaptation.
Learn More About This Case Study:
Case study provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Explore More Case Studies
- Climate adaptation information helps land trusts with land protection and communication challenges
- Ecological corridors protect wildlife movement and water quality in Michigan
- Eld Inlet on Puget Sound
- Land Trust of Santa Cruz County coastal program
- Rush Ranch tidal marsh restoration project
- Using geospatial techniques to plan for climate change impacts on coastal habitats
- Climate Adaptation Knowledge Exchange (CAKE) land trust conservation resources and case studies