We gratefully appreciate recent contributions to the Southeast program from individuals and land trusts supporting our work. Read more »
Read the latest on Southeast land trusts innovative conservation projects, success stories, fundraising tips and tools, emerging issues and upcoming training opportunities in our monthly eNews. View the archive »
Conversations with Veteran Conservation Leaders: A Conference Call Phone Series
Once a month, we schedule a conference call featuring seasoned land conservation professionals sharing their tips for conservation success. Our team of veteran conservation leaders have protected some of the most important special places and environmental resources in the southeastern U.S and are eager to share what they have learned with you, newcomers to the conservation movement or the next generation of land conservation practitioners. Learn more »
Upcoming Training and Webinars
For the latest in trainings, check out the Southeast calendar of events »
Partnership for Gulf Coast Land Conservation
The Partnership for Gulf Coast Land Conservation is a new coalition of local, regional, state and national land trusts and land conservation organizations devoted to improving land and water conservation on private lands in the Gulf of Mexico coastal region. This initiative is organized under the auspices of the Land Trust Alliance and is patterned after the many successful land protection collaborations operating in other regions of the United States.
In Review: Southeast Regional Land Conservation Conference
Missed a Southeast Land Conservation Conference? Contact us for information on past seminar presentations, workshop leaders and handouts.
- 2012 St. Simons, Georgia
- 2011 Chattanooga, Tennessee
- 2010 Greenville, South Carolina
- 2009 Auburn, Alabama
- 2008 Montreat, North Carolina
- eNews: our monthly news report on innovative conservation in the region, board member support, success stories, state wide meetings, upcoming trainings and other items of interest to our members. Email us to sign up today. Please include in the subject line: SUBSCRIBE.
- Southeast Regional Conference: we produce an annual gathering of land conservation professionals in the Southeast, engaging in workshops, seminars, Board Member Summits, local field trips and general information sharing. There will not be a Southeast Regional Conference in 2013 since Rally 2013 was held in New Orleans.
- Cost-Share Grants Program: we provide grants for strategic conservation collaboration and planning projects, and accreditation preparation grants for land trusts working towards accreditation.
- Guided Organizational Assessment Program: we help land trusts identify areas for improvement and develop work plans for the accreditation application process.
- Trainings: we provide technical assistance via The Learning Center to land trusts addressing critical transitions and organizational development; and workshops and webinars on board development, accreditation preparation and emerging issues in conservation.
- Tools & Resources: we offer case studies, reports, conservation guides and resources for water, forest, farmland and natural areas protection.
- 2010 Southeast Land Trust Census