Task Force Releases Report
The Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Task Force released its preliminary report on October 5th. Read the text of the full report.
Please review the document and consider making recommendations from your organization’s perspective regarding how to make the strategy more effective.We especially encourage you to review the state strategies which can be found in the appendices. Comments will be accepted until 11:59pm ET October 26, 2011. Comments may be emailed to email@example.com.
The Partnership will submit comments on behalf of its member organizations.Partners are welcome to suggest edits to our comments until Monday at 5:00 pm ET. See below for summary:
- The recommendations from the Private Lands Analysis study be considered for removing barriers and modifying public agency programs to enhance and expand the protection of more privately-owned and public lands critical to the health and function of the Gulf.
- You increase the emphasis on permanent land protection through tools such as fee interest or conservation easements in the Strategy. Restoration without permanent protection may result in “restored” areas being at future risk for conversion or development.
- You describe how goals and actions in the Strategy will be prioritized if funding becomes available to begin implementing.
- Explain how the state priorities listed in Appendix B fit into the plan implementation and how they will be prioritized.
- You recognize and utilize the strengths and capacities of land trusts working in the Gulf region to help accomplish the goals of the Strategy.
Proposals for Gulf Oil Spill Restoration
The BP Restoration Trustees are still accepting proposals for restoration that might be funded by the Natural Resources Damages Assessment process. If you have a great idea, please submit it to the database being managed by NOAA.
Welcome Coastal Land Trust! The Partnership now has 23 members. View a complete list of Partners.
Instructions for Finding the Partnership Online
URL for the Partnership: www.lta.org/southeast/gulfcoastpartnership
You can also find the Partnership via the home page of the Land Trust Alliance.
- Type into your browser: www.landtrustalliance.org
- Select ABOUT
- Select PARTNERSHIPS
- Scroll down page and select PARTNERSHIP FOR GULF COAST LAND CONSERVATION
Defend Conservation Funding
The Congress is considering steep cuts to conservation funding. Whether you rely on farm bill programs like FRPP and GRP, Interior programs like NAWCA and LWCF or other federal conservation programs, LTA invites to join with the Alliance and 640 other conservation, recreation and historic preservation organizations in signing the America's Voice for Conservation Recreation and Preservation coalition letter.
The conservation letter avoids mentioning specific programs or bills so that it can be used wherever conservation funding is under attack -- in the Interior bill, the deficit reduction super-committee, or elsewhere.
To sign the letter, simply email the name of your organization or business to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partnership for Gulf Coast Land Conservation
Ocean Springs, MS